• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe and Thermalright 900A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfjonny

Are any of you guys using the vaunted thermalright SLK- 900(a) with the a7n8x? I've built two machines with SK-7s and the seemed a little tight... Any problems? What about SLK-800?

thanx.

I just installed my A7n8x deluxe retail and the SLK-900-A with a Smart Fan II. Everything works GREAT and fits great. Didn't have any problems at all installing either of them. System idles at 28 celcius when on my other heatsink/fan it idled at about 40.

I used a Thermalright SLK-800A on my board before moving to water. It worked great - although it was actually a litle bit loose, and could rotate with minimal pressure on the side.

Worked realy well though - load temperatures @ 2400 MHz were around 48 degrees Celcius with a 50 cfm fan on it.

I'm running a SLK-800U on XP 2800 Barton w/ Vantec Tornado 80mm. Running a nice cool 90 fahrenheit idle and 100 fahrenheit under full load.

BTW: If you're gonna get a Vantec Tornado, I recommend a fan controller.

Thnx for all the info ya'll... I'm currently running an SLK900a and Thermaltake SmartFan 2 combo with about 40 load...

Back