• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

i found a refurb p4p800 on the egg for $62 shipped... was it a good deal?

is there anything i should look out for with this board? does it have any benefits / downsides?

any help = appreciated as always :D

I have the deluxe version. Some minor differences but overall, the same board. I like it a lot and haven't had any problems with it.

You don't get many extras with the full retail box so that's a great deal for a refurb.

-Bobby

yeah the only problem im having is that the northbridge is HOT AS HELL!! running at like 290fsb its too hot to touch.

maybe im used to active cooling on my nbs... but it doesnt have the holes in the mobo to attach a different cooler :cry:

i guess ill just have to deal until i get my ic7 back

This picture is getting a workout...

Zalman2.jpg

I hotglued a 40mm fan on the stock heatsink. Anyone going over 250fsb should put a fan on the nb heatsink.

-Bobby

I gotta get a NB cooler. Why didn't you just screw it on, rather than glueing it?

I got a p4p800 Deluxe refurb for like $67. No accessories, but it's a rocking board. LOVE it.

cursor said:
I gotta get a NB cooler. Why didn't you just screw it on, rather than glueing it?

It was easier for me to just use a hot glue gun. Ok... I didn't even think about using screws.

I got a p4p800 Deluxe refurb for like $67. No accessories, but it's a rocking board. LOVE it.

Great! Congrats! :D

-Bobby

Glue gun? I didn't pick up on that in your first post. Ummm... Doesn't that hot glue, like melt or something?

Melt all over your motherboard? this might be you ---> :cry:

Instead of buying some $20-$30 hsf for my 9800 pro, I just unplugged the stock fan and screwed a spare thermaltake 60x60x25 fan down on the hsf. Keeps it cool as a cucumber!

The glue gun is pretty easy to use. It doesn't go all over the place and it holds the fan well. They're cheap (~$10 with a bunch of glue sticks) and I had it for my r/c cars. I've been using a lot of tools that I had for my r/c cars on my computer modding stuff.

-Bobby

I also have that board and it even has the MAM feature! Apparently this was built before MAM was disabled!!
Right now I have a [email protected] (20%overclock as per BIOS) but still haven't figured out where the multipliers are to manually overlclock this baby... help?

what are the best settings for the non-deluxe version... running 2.4c really high fsb (would like 300 if possible)... 512 pc3700 ram... im not familiar with the different settings other than the timings voltage and fsb.

melon stunner, i got the rev 2 (not 2.1) and i got the asus nb heatsink too. Do you have any idea how to add a fan on this one? if yes, which fan? maybe ill get that yellow zalman nb cooler...
Ritalin

Back