• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max 2 ver. 2 LAN Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

I can not find my realtek LAN in my network places. It used to be there, but now it's gone. It does not show up in Device Manager either. I can not find it in the BIOS. I have flashed to the latest BIOS, so I am up to date. I can't figure where this thing has gone. I think I've searched through every option in my BIOS, but I can't find any LAN in there either. If anyone knows exactly where in the BIOS the onboard LAN shows up, PLEASE tell me exactly how to get there. MUCH APPRECIATED.

In the bios main screen select 'Intergrated Peripherals'
- in the next menu select 'Onboard PCI devices'
- there you will see 'LAN controller' option, switch this to enable
- underneth the 'LAN controller' option is 'Lan Boot ROM' I always set this to enable as well.
- last and not least, make sure you select the 'Save & Exit Setup' option on the bios main screen on your way out of the bios.

If you do all that your onboard realtek network card should be working, if not use a tool like Sisoft Sandra to try and detect if your onboard network is present.

Back