• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinion on RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rilian

Right now I have 1) 256mb of Twinmos/Winbond (might just be Twinmos/Twinmos though not sure) originally timings were 8-3-3-2.5 I lowered it to 4-3-2-2 are those decent overclocking timings? I know next to nothing about RAM timings so any advice/info would be much appreciated.
Also when I run Prime95 without overclocking at all it isnt stable... but the burn-in Wizard with Sandra 2004 runs great... whats the deal?:(

oh and BTW the rig is an AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+ running stock 1.83ghz, old 3 gig HDs, Windows XP pro, Abit NF7-S rev 2.0, and a Forton 350w PSU.

if i were you, i would call technical support and ask them "what is highest you can overclock at CURRENT setting of mem"

they will tell you EITHER 1:1 or 5:4 or 3:2 ratio with CERTAIN speed.

it's first good step to overclock. After that, you can play with setting in BIOS to see how far you can go

after changing mem timing and your computer doesn't work, hit *reset* or clear CMOS

it is good to open your computer during PLAYING mem timing in BIOS so that if neccessary, you can clear CMOS without OPENING and CLOSING

if i were you, i would call technical support and ask them "what is highest you can overclock at CURRENT setting of mem"

they will tell you EITHER 1:1 or 5:4 or 3:2 ratio with CERTAIN CPU speed. After that, you can apply your math skill to PREDICT what kind of MEM setting you need to do in order for your computer to run at CERTAIN CPU SPEED

it's first good step to overclock. After that, you can play with setting in BIOS to see how far you can go

after changing mem timing and your computer doesn't work, hit *reset* or clear CMOS

it is good to open your computer during PLAYING mem timing in BIOS so that if neccessary, you can clear CMOS without OPENING and CLOSING case

Back