• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X Deluxe Retail mobo (motherboard problems)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z3r0

I just installed my Asus A7N8X deluxe retail mobo yesterday. It posts fine and everything works good. When Windows 98 logo appears and its loading up, it gets past that and when it detects all the New Hardware it goes through everything fine until it gets to New Hardware Found detecting FireWire port IEEE 1394 and it all of a sudden just stops working and basically freezes. I have just shutdown the computer and restarted hoping it would finally get past it but it never did and sticks there every time. Eventually I just left it on for a long time hoping it would go farther but it never did and eventually the blue screen of death came up saying that it caused an exception error or the system became unstable. Is there any idea on how I can fix this and get past this screen?

I'm not sure that win98 knows how to handle firewire. You might try disabling the firewire port in the bios and then try win98 again.

Another alternative is to use winXP. I'm sure it knows how to handle firewire.

I think that in the "Integrated Peripherals" part of the BIOS options there is an option to disable your Firewire.

Also, it says Firewire is Compatible with Win98/SE... But I will try to disable it in bios.

Back