• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting P4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB w/HT, what "value" mobo is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bznotins

Registered
This is a repost from another forum. I apologize for the duplication but it appears this is the place I should have posted originally. Thanks!

Hi,

I've been a longtime reader on this forum and I found it to be incredibly helpful.

Historically, I've been a low-end PC buyer (I don't have much money) so I don't know much about high-end components -- which is why I need your help.

I'm getting a P3 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB w/HT CPU cheap (long story) but I need to pair it with a mobo that has good value. Can you help me pick one out? I was hoping to spend less than $100.

I'm not picky but I would like a stable mobo that has easy overclocking features. I don't care about onboard audio (I'll be using a SB card) and I would prefer NOT to have onboard video (potential conflicts with my GF4).

I don't need SATA or RAID support. I would like onboard lan (gigabit lan would be cool but not a requirement) as well. 4 USB ports or more, but firewire is not necessary.

Lastly I would like to have a mobo that will use the features of my CPU (HT, 800mhz FSB). That might automatically mean I have to spend more than $100, but I don't know.

Thanks so much for your help!

Look at the Abit IS7-E. Seems like about a week ago they were $92 (or so) including shipping at newegg.com. This mobo has lots of features you said that you didn't need, but maybe you'll like having them anyway. Has built-in LAN, but not the Gigabit LAN.

Back