• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil memory differences (ULD vs. Golden Dragon)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matthias99

I tried searching the memory forum, but I couldn't find this info...

Is Geil PC3200/3500 ULD essentially the same as the Geil Golden Dragon PC3200/PC3500 ? They're specced to the same speeds, and price is pretty close -- does anyone know if they're the same chips/PCB (other than the coloring)? I don't care how they look, and they're a bit cheaper for the 1GB DC set. I won't be overclocking them much past DDR400, and they seem to be one of the better CL2 values at that speed.

ive talked to tech support before, and he gave me an honest answer IMo

he said that if you wanted to overcock, avoid the Golden Dragon and stick with the ultra platinum, thats if you want GEIL anyways

Well, thanks for answering a different question than the one I had... :p

Anybody used these chips? Are they decent? I strongly suspect they're the Golden Dragon chips on a slightly different PCB, but I'd like to know if anyone else has tried them.

I won't be torn up if they don't run past spec (2-3-3-6@433), as it's for an AMD system and the benefits past there are pretty minimal anyways from what I've read.

Back