• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kingston value ram pc2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

well in all oddness i picked up a 512mb and running it with 266 mhz (cuase that is in synch with my athalon 2100+, running it 2-5-5-6 i belive. But being cheepo ram is this causing any errors i dont know about (system dosent crash ever really, no artifacts), but maybe its doing something i just dont know. And do you think it would be worht getting another 512 to run in dual channel mode for the pc?

Your timings may be causing a major headache for your system (as well as a drop in potential performance). You are running a tCL 2.0, tRCD 5, tRP 5, tRAS 6, correct? Besides being very high RAS-to-CAS Delay and RAS-Precharge timings (4 is high, 5 is higher then high), your tRAS (RAS Pulse Width) is set way to low to correspond with your tRCD and tCL (CAS Latency) timings. With DDR memory, the tRAS should be set as tCL + tRCD (2 + 5 in this case). So your tRAS timing should be at 9 if you continue to use a tRCD of 5.

I would recommend lowering your tRCD and tRP timings to 3, and thus having a tCL of 2.0, tRCD of 3, and a tRP of 3. Then setting your tRAS to 7.

If you keep your tRCD timing at 5, then you will need to raise your tRAS to 9.

If you would like some more infomation on this, read this article by Mushkin.

Back