• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP HELP no post NO!!!! on shuttle SN41G2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I just bought me a nice shuttle SN41G2.....I got it refurb from newegg.com for only $199.................anywho I set it all up righty o and turned it on....it turns on fans go and nice purty lights on front are gleeming.....but no video.....no beeps no nothing(that I could tell) so I thought o of course wrong vga since it's dual vga....put it in other one......nothing...so I put in a known working agp card..nothing....try clearing the cmos.....nothing.....take out the cmos battery for 1 minute....nothing......AHHHHHHH WHAT DO I DO!...thanks alot for your help I really dont want to have to return this thing!!! :(:(:(

Hey man i had the same problem..don't get discouraged it is a bad bios, you just need to take the cpu out and the mem turn it on, let it run for a minute, and then replace everything, you have an old bios that doesn't clear, i recomend getting the newest one and flashing it right away. www.shuttle.com
Another thing i did was put a different cpu in to get it to boot to flash the bios and then put my cpu in that i would be using. I had a 2600xp+ that wasn't working so i put in a 1200 athlon to get it to boot to flath the bios and then put my 2600xp+ in works great

Ok so you want me to boot the computer without a cpu or bios in it.....what about the cmos battery....?.....also after it runs for awhile with nothing in it....I will then try it again with a 1800+ instead of the 2500+ barton.....that sound about right?

Also there are issues with older bios machines not liking certain memory types, so you might want to see if it posts with a different type of memory. I had to put in some old generic memory 1st set up the memory settings to 2-2-6 or 2-2-11 and then turn off the machine put in the High performance memory and reboot.

Also if as soon as you turn on the PC hit the "Insert" key rapidly this will force the Bios to boot in to default settings mode.

Lastly I also had a problem where after building the machine on boot up i would get no video what so ever and to get it i would have to pull the power cord to the monitor and then replug it in.

WIll try those thing you guys gave me..will report with results soon.

still didnt beep or get to any type of screen whether i tapped INSERT or DELETE.

oh well return it i must.

YA it possible could be a dead board, but it should boot after it detects a different chip. Then once it does that, update the bios to the newest, that fixes the cmos clear problem amongst other problems.

Just to make sure, the way to clear everything on these machines is:
Unplug the power cord, set the clear cmos jumper, let it rest for a couple of minutes, get the clear cmos jumper back to normal, hold down insert, plug in the power cord, turn on the power.

I know, the holding down insert BEFORE plugging in the cord seems strange, but my own SN41G2 would not cooperate without it.. Oh, and the problem on my machine was the memory. Twinmos is no good on this board..

YA of course it is not going to boot without a proc or mem, that just may reset things, you need to put them back in and then try to boot it up

Back