• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ludivous_Kain

Working on tweaking my DDR400 now, until I get my new mobo (Screw this gigabyte one I have... Not happy with it at all). I got 2x512mb Corsair XMS DDR400. Any suggestions for timings and other settings, to see how high I can get their frequency? I have a pair of DRAM HS+F sets hooked onto the sticks right now, so temp doesn't concern me.

The faster you can get your memory timings the better your cpu will perform. I have mine at a 2.5 clock cycle ( DDR 3200 on a 533 bus ) at 2522 and have finally beat my RDRAM scores. Funny thing is, after getting my RAID controller, my mem scores sky rocketed. But anyway, you may have to start running a bunch of tests to see which is better in your case. Usually the lowest numbers will be the best. I wouldnt up the voltage until your timings make you though. There isnt really a need.

PS. I cant really complain about my board. I can complain about the tech support though.

Hehehe. What tech support? :D

Do the timings effect how high I can crank the memory frequency? Right now, they don't like being run at even 420, let alone anything higher than that...

I have a different mobo, but same problem, I can't push mine past about 420, and now I can't get it past 410 after getting F7 bios, dunno why. I've tried a ton of timings but it doesn't like that much either. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but slower timings should allow more ov an o/c on memory, right?

Oh well. Screw my mobo. Fed up with the vcore increases doing squat for stability. Got a P4C800-E on the way. Can't wait to get it, so I can really unlock the power hidden deep within my computer's veins. Hopefully, I can afford to bring the memory timings to a more efficient level, and then I can up the frequency of them too.

Im going to have to agree. I am not having much luck with Vcore increases either. I can go from 1.52v to 1.75v and not be able to gain 10mhz. Its crazy, I dont get it. Has anyone tried to Volt mod their P4 on one of these boards?

Maybe, just maybe, Giga-byte is a horrible mobo manufacturer when it comes to overclocking. No tech support department, either. I called, and they were like "Call the person who sold the board to you, they're the ones who can help." Even though I purchased it from them. *lol* As far as I'm concerned, screw giga-byte. I've had it with their false-labled boards and their nonexistant tech support. Thats why I can't wait for my P4C800-E to come in. I'm going to have a field day with it!

Back