• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair's new Pro memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It actualy does run at sharper timings then the regular non pro mem, regardles of the leds.

I've heard that the XMS3200C2 PRO uses Hynix D43 chips. While I'm not sure if the XMS3200LL PRO uses Hynix D32 or Winbond CH-5 (based on a 2-3-2 timing, I think they use CH-5). Those are prolly the 2nd, and 3rd best overclocking chips mass-produced currently (BH-5 = #1 :)). Hynix D43 is usually perferred for higher FSB, looser timings (2-3-3 @ DDR400; 3-4-4 @ DDR500+), while CH-5 run at decent timings (2-3-2) between DDR400-433.

2 - 2 - 2 - 5 how more sharper do u want them

uhhu and at what FSB ? The topic was about corsair pro memory vs the non pro and not another one of the my BH5 runs faster then your mem.

I can squeeze 2.5-3-3-6 out of the corsair at 259 Mhz FSB at 2.8 Vdim, raising it more doesnt seem to have much effect on it. Lowering the timings to 3-4-4-8 gives me stable mem uptill 285 Mhz FSB.

Last edited:
Yet another way corsair found to separate a fool from his money.

-Bobby

What exactly would the definition be for a wannabe overclocker ? There needs to be a certain % boost now to label yourself as an overclocker ? gee and here silly me was thinking it was all about the fun and joy of tweaking your system to get some extra performance within your own perception of safety margins.

GeneStarwind said:
one word for those new aesthetics:

*STUPID.*

Its eye candy for wannabe-OCers.

ever heard of case modding? those pertyfull leds would look great in a watercooled beast with a nice window mod... (brings the case to life :))

*blinks eyes repeatedly, doesn't erase the image*

Egads, that must be the tackiest website on the planet.

For the aesthetics, it depends on how its used. If someone goes out and buys a Chieftec w/ a window, throws in 2 CCFLs and these and then brags about it, well there's tackiness right there. However, if you incorporate it in a greater theme of the mod, then it could be a very cool thing.

If it were me, I'd sacrifice timings for CPU speed (FSB). RAM bandwidth helps here and there, but GHz help everywhere :). That is, in a situation where it's tight like this. I'd sit back and wait for broader results than the few we have now until I judge the Pro sticks.

who cares i think the LEDs are a cool idea for someone that has the money, they arent much uise for guagin mem use you have to llok over at you window not the monitor to see them, but there a nice way to spice up an otherwise lacking RAM mod genre

Back