• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have to return to AMD. Intel=too expensive. What mobo should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Well, to be honest, I'm not particularly fond of AMD, but there's not really much I can do... I need money! Haha! So I'm having to sell my beauty and get a cheaper AMD computer.

What mobo should I get? I want some choices besides the Abit NF7. I don't really want to overclock much because I don't want to spend too much on memory.

Also, I'm getting an XP2500 Barton core. Is that one really good? Should I just go ahead and get a cheaper, throroughbred?

TIA guys!

Last edited:
Grab a cheap Nforce2 motherboard off of Ebay (be sure to get a reputable manufacturer ... My favorite is Epox 8RDA+, but Asus, MSI & Abit are all good as well).

The Barton 2500 is a great bet... Even though you said you weren't planning to overclock, even with some decent pc2700, you should be able to get some good speed out of it above stock. ... or how about keeping your Kingston PC3500 and selling the rest of your rig? ... With that, you should be able to pump out decent speeds as well as high FSB.

I would second the Epox 8RDA+, they can be had for well under $100 and is a damn nice board. Even with cheap ram that 2500+ in that board should clear 2Ghz easy.

Back