• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best memory for NF7-S mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Single channel PC-3200 or PC-3500 - it all depends on your budget - obviously the 3500 will give you more headroom. Aim for tight timings in the RAM. Corsair, OCZ, Geil are all known to make good RAM for overclocking.

I liek Buffalo because its cheap and in most cases uses the same chips as the bigger brands (Corsair and Mushkin for example).

Buffalo's PC3700 uses winbond BH-5 chips wich are known to be VERY GOOD OCer's esp if you voltmod and run it w/ high voltages.

Their PC4300 also uses the same chips as some Mushkin and Corsiar (PC3700 and PC4000 respectivly, and they are Hynix chips, not sure of the version though).

Corsair and Mushkin are also great and come with fancy heatspreaders and or flashing LEDs and cost a good bit more.

Kingston Hyper X 3000 256 rev.A01 or 3200 KHX3200/???. These sticks use BH5 as well. I personally own the 3200 because I could not find the 3000 rev.A01. At 2.8v my max fsb seems to be 227 1:1 dual channel.

pretty much anything with BH-5 will give good overclocking results... and didn't you post the other thread about Mushkin? why not get that?

dryars said:
Kingston Hyper X 3000 256 rev.A01 or 3200 KHX3200/???. These sticks use BH5 as well. I personally own the 3200 because I could not find the 3000 rev.A01. At 2.8v my max fsb seems to be 227 1:1 dual channel.

are you positive it's the A01 sticks and not the A00 sticks that use BH-5's? A01 are the newer revisions from what i have read...

extremecorvette said:
Is one stick better for OC than two sticks?

Generally speaking, 1 stick will OC better than dual channel(DC) but by only a few fsb. The fact that you will be running your memory in DC will almost negate that fact anyways, or the difference will be negligable(sp?).

And whick setup will have better performance?

The DC setup will. I don't have any solid numbers on hand but the concensus seems to be anywhere from 3%-%10 at most.

Back