• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me before I go crazy... please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KfistoRok

Alright I just flashed my bios on my a7n8x to the latest.

Then I booted back up and Windows found a new pci memory controller.

So I downloaed the nforce2 drivers and installed them.. Rebooted and yet it still continues to pop up saying it is found.

What is up?

Under device manager I have pci memory 5 times with a question mark and ! beside them and also have USB with a question and !.

:confused:

Also, tried the memory will only go to 100. What is up with that? I have samsung pc2700 I used to run at 166.

I have it set to 166 and 100%.

Last edited:
New probs..

It had one of the first bios' out for it the 1001e.

So I decided to flash to the newest, that supports 200mhz fsb cpu's in hope of increasing my fsb which was memtest 100% stabe at 169. This is with Samsung pc2700. Should go higher.

Anyways I changed to the newest and tried memtest and got mass errors. Like 40 some on the first test.

So I tried 3 other bios's and they all gave the same result. Mass memtest errors, even at at 100mhz fsb!! Doesn't make sense to me.

So I flashed to my original bios 1001e and I get the mass errors again. I don't know what's up.

I am on my a7n8x right now and should I be afraid that I'll get a corrupt hd from bad memory?

My dear friend,

It is normal that "new pci memory controller found" message when update your BIOS to 1.007

I don't know it technically but something had changed about memory controllers. Do not try to reinstall any driver, after updating BIOS, restart PC set default BIOS setting, make your needed BIOS settings (but do not OC for this time!), and just restart windows. Maybe this time it works. (I just do like this and everthing goes well)

please look at my post for other problems and that memory controller thing, one of my friends told something about it.

post name is:
system unstable with BIOS 1.007

I wish a quick solution for you. :thup:

yours respectfully.. Stonegolem

Back