• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its not fair.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

I can run 210FSB memtest stable.... yet it crashes in IE? any ideas?

EDIT: oh no, now i can't even do stock speeds stable.... whats happened.... didn't change anything except mem timings, but now even when they are where they used to be i get crashes.... :(

Last edited:
I'm thinking the your Gigabyte mobo is having compatability problems with you memory. Also have you tried using one stick of memory at a time. They could be having problems working together.

i talked to gigabyte and corsair, they both told me the memory was compatible (when i bought the mobo and memory.) now its doing stock stable again..... prime 95 for 12 hours and now foldings and seti.... no crashes yet..... time to go overclock again.... ill post when it starts to crash again.

EDIT: also the memory works in memtest 3.0 fine, yet crashes in windows when its not even under load....?

EDIT:2 whats better, faster cpu and slower ram (5:4 225fsb) or slow cpu and slightly faster RAM (1:1 207fsb)

Isnt it kind of obvious that your system isnt stable when you overclock?

I dont understand why that is so suprising to people...you cant always overclock it to the speeds you want, you must overclock it to the speeds that you can.

Find a speed and leave it, you'll be a happier man.

tom10167 said:
Yeah, but that's not as fun! :)

It depends on what you mean by "faster" CPU. I would say the highest FSB and ram speeds would be the best. So, in your case the 1:1 207FSB would be the best bet.

so thats better than a 3.2ghz cpu but slow ram?

bluestreakLB said:
Isnt it kind of obvious that your system isnt stable when you overclock?

I dont understand why that is so suprising to people...you cant always overclock it to the speeds you want, you must overclock it to the speeds that you can.

Find a speed and leave it, you'll be a happier man.

but overclocking is fun, thats the whole point... i could leave it at stock and be unhappy or try to push it further and be happy :D

Back