• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2.0 and SLK900(U)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's very big! So if you decide you want some major cooling on your Northbridge sometime in the future it's size may hinder implementation of a quality cooler.

-Overcrocked

Is there a cooling dif between the 900(a) and the 900(u)? I ordered an A thinking I was going to get the MoBo listed in my sig, but now I am rethinking the Mobo....

BigSmokey said:
Is there a cooling dif between the 900(a) and the 900(u)? I ordered an A thinking I was going to get the MoBo listed in my sig, but now I am rethinking the Mobo....

Yea, there's a few degrees difference. Personally if I had to get a new heatsink for my CPU it would either be the new Swiftech one or the SLK 947U which is actually the SLK900U with improvements, and has replaced the 900U. I still think that Swifty is making the best heatsinks now, but the 947U is still very good[a few degrees cooler than the SLK900U]. So there's quite a bit of difference from the 900A and the 947U. I would estimate the 947 is 4 or 5 degrees cooler than the 900A. BYW Everything in your sig looks good, even a 800A is good HS. Oh, and I'm not saying this just cuz I have one, but if your getting an Athlon CPU and plan to overclock, there is no better board than the NF7-S.

-Overcrocked

Last edited:
What does that 4 or 5 degrees equate to in speed? From 2300 to 2400?

I think Im gonna have to stick with the 900a for now, since I already ordered it. Maybe in a few months Ill get the 947 and switch the 900a to my 2nd rig when I OC it.

Last edited:
I can accept temp. diff. of 1 to 2 degree but 4 to 5 is a bit.....it is a lot.

I wish the Thermalright company would make a SP-94 for an AMD system:mad:
ThermalrightSP--jmke-1.jpg

<----a12bc3

Back