• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little help over here..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keiichi

Hi everyone. I just get here... :D

I want to know if I'm doing right or wrong.

First, this is my rig.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0
Bios Uber 1004
Barton 2500+ AQZFA
Silent Boost with Artic Silver ceramique on it. 28º - 31º
256 Samsung PC2700

This is what I get:

1) Using Memory at 3-3-11-2.5 at 2.8v, 182*11(1985mhz), default volt (1.65v), I Ran Prime for 4 hours
0 error 0 warning load temp 42º

2) Using Memory 3-3-11-2.5 at 2.8v, 182*12.5(2277mhz), default volt volt(1.65v),I ran 6 hours of Prime
0 errors 0 warning load temp 42º.

I want to know if this is the max I can expect with this stuff?
Can I tweak it a little further? how?
Which of 2 attempts is the best? why?

Im planing to buy in one or two weeks new ram modules, based in this rig wich
would be the righ buy? Having in mind the Oc?

And the last one.. :p

I saw in other forum that some ppl is undervolting this barton to 1.6v and eve to 1.5v.
This in any case is beneficious for the procesor? you can get an extra performance?

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

The second one is the better of the two.

In Overclocking we look for the highest performance, with having a stable system at the same time. performance can be defined by running benchmarks or just "feeling" what settings are faster for your particular system.

Performance is a combination of a lot of different factors. A few of them being FSB-speed (higher=faster) memory timings(tighter=better) multiplier (higher=better). you have to find a sweet spot of your system.

having a fsb of 200 and a multiplier of 10 (=2000MHz) IS SLOWER then having a FSb of 180 and a multiplier of 13 (2340MHz).
you are looking for the best performance for your specific system.

you might get better performance out of a high fsb and fast processor setting, with looser timing, then a littl slower fsb/processor and tight timings. it's a game of trial and error, what your system can do and what you want out of it.

ou still have quite a bit of leeway with your processor running at stock voltage.

Undervolting, will give you lower temps and (arguably) a longer processor life, and if you can get away with it, while your system is being stable, then go for it.

Back