• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest selectable Vcore w/ A7N8X-X & Barton 2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have taht board and it alows me to select 1.75 -1.85 but it overvaults by about 0.1 v if the reading in mbms is to be believed cpuz gives same info to so efectivly it gives u 1.95 top

but it may differ cpu to cpu due to stock vcore being diferent
i run a duron 1300

If you are looking for alot of vcore and don't want to mod your a7n8x then I would suggest you just get the NF7-S(vcore up to 2.3v :D ). I also own an a7n8x and I gotta say I prefer the Abit hands down.

Err...2.3 might be too much for air:) But it's nice to have the options... Newegg had the refurb specials but I'm reconsidering all this now.... My cheapo base Giga-Byte does 2.05....decisions, decisions, decisions.....

i ordered the $41 a7n8x-x from n00begg, a definate BUY for my server.

Mine will get her eh monday or tuesday, if you are interested LMK and i can scribble some reviewage at you.

I too was worried about the max voltage on the a7n8x 2.0 board, but lo and behold, i'm running 11x200 at STOCK voltage on my barton 2500 more or less straight outta the box (i burned in for about 2 days at 11x100 at 1.85 volts). i've been running prime for the past 24 hours or so and i'm planning to go for another 48 hours.

Yup...Mine will run at 2.2 GHz @ stock voltage all day long as well... I just put my mobo in. I also booted it up at 11x200 without hesitation. But I was too tired and it was too late to do anymore...

If it helps I found that memory slots 1 & 3 worked best - with timings of 7-3-3-2 (What OCZ recommended - works best with my other RAM as well so...)

Be careful O?Cing memory with this board - it is sensitive in this department, and BIOS corruptions are common.

I understand completely!!!. I am able to load my OS w/ 200 X 11 and memory in slot 1 and 2 (8-3-3-3T) with Vcore 1.700, but not able to benchmark 03Mark2003. I work down to 195 X 11 to get a successful benchmark with a score of 3350. When I use Nf2 dual channel with default settings I score 3335. These score reflect default video settings. I was curious if those who are successful at 200 X 11 if they are in single or dual channel mode.

I'm running single channel cosair xms pc3200 v1.1 at relaxed timings (for now) 2.5-4-4-9. I have near idential setup with an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128 and running at stock, non-overclocked (video card) settings, i score about 3380.

I'm still testing stability at my current oc (chip) so until i get that settled, i'll probably leave the ram timing as is.

I just ran sandra 2003's memory bandwith test and i scored 2912 (int buffered) and 2723 (float buffered) with about 92% and 83$ efficiency so there is definitely room for improvement.

Back