• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to use to test memory stability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSFP

Well, I cant find a decent way to test my memory stability...

I havent tried yet memtest86 because I dont have a floppy disk drive and I cant create the startup disk it needs....If only it could create a startup CD i would be ok but....

Anyway, I have tried :
1)memtest for windows
2)windows ram diagnostic (runs at dos)
3)prime blend (lots of memory)

but although they seem stable at 214 , whenever I run warcraft3 it will give me a fatal error after some time, even at 213 ...

All this with Kingston 1Gb 3200 BH-5 (2-2-2-5), at 2.9V on Abit NF7-S .

Its not the CPU or anything else that causes war3 to hang, its the memory, that is tested...

So I dont really know what to believe with those bench programs...
Is there one that is stressfull enough to give accurate results? or should i just use war3 as a stability check????

Finally, I am really dissapointed by my ram if it isnt stable at even 213 at 2.9V ....wtf can I do to make it go 230+ , give it 3.3 volts???

I am gonna do the vdimm mod sometime soon, but if this memory is stable at only 210-212 at 2.9V , I dont think i got much chance to get it high :((((
And I wanted at least 230 , and if possible , 240+ with lots of volts just for benches...

Back