• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 Vs NF7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Y.E

Hello all here is another stupid question,

Is the NF7 capable of hitting 200fsb? and do you need a rev. 2 board to do so? Their web site wasn't clear beacause they say that the nf7-s can hit 200fsb if it is rev. 2 but they dont say anything about the nf7 being able to hit 200fsb.

Thanks for the help

ok so the only difference is sata? is sata worth it at all?

The other difference is the soundstorm onboard audio. To me its worth a few extra bones for the extra features, but maybe not for everyone.

the audio is not a big deal but i was wondering how effective the sata was is there really a noticable difference between sata and ata100 (lets say both drives have 8mb cache). (If it was only the board then i would just get the nf7-s but if i want to use sata then i have to get the appropriate drive which is a lot more $$)

you dont have to use SATA

I have an NF7-s and I dont use the SATA.
but when I want to upgrade its there.

It has all of the appropiate connectors and cables to run my current drive however I want. ( w.d. caviar)

Hope that helps.

Wardog

you will never saturate your ata100 eide cable on a ata100 or ata133 on a ata133 ide cable let alone a ata100 or ata133 hardrive with a sata150>ide converter...the only reason you should use sata is if it's a say a raptor 10k rpm drive with of course the standard 8meg cache :D....to me anything less is pointless for sata......the thing is!....onboard sata is known to be very unstable on the nforce2 boards when using raid....so to me the only "real" advantage of the nf7-s is the sound and the firewire......I bought it for the sound :D.....mmmmmmmmm.....audiology2 sound quality and the ability to use an ipod with itunes on a pc with firewire mmmmmmmmm.....and for $20 it was worth it :D

Back