• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit kt7a v1.0 support Duron 1300???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medmisfit

Does anybody have any experience with sticking a Duron 1300 in a Abit KT7a (v1.0)? I know it isn't "officially" supported, but why wouldn't Duron 1300 work in the KT7a?

Thanks...

A Duron 1300 will be a Morgan core. My understanding is that the Morgan core has the same problem with the early revisions of the KT7A as the XP CPU.

The bottom line is that it may work, it may not. I think most people with the early revisions (1.0 to 1.2) have been successfull in running XP CPU's on their motherboards. But a few out there have not been able to get them to work at all.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I have an XP 1600 Palomino that works fine in my KT7A 1.1.

Just to let you know, I have a XP2100+ running fine at 2.30GHz (135 X 17) in My KT7A-RAID Rev1.1 so the XP2100+ could prove to be a winner for you as well.

OC-Master

Back