• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory for my del rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koler

Registered
For my a7n8x rev 2 del:

I want the best memory I can get for under $300

I would like to use the dual channel..so two sticks are preferred over just one. I dont care wether it is 512 or 1024. I just want the best ram I can get for under 300 dollars. I use my rig for mainly video games and video editing: Can u guys tell me what ram would work best for me..I do plan on overclocking once I get a better video card. Heres my rig:

barton 2500
a7n8x rev 2 del
slk-900 A/ smart fan 2
Gfx fx 5200 Ultra 128
2 X raptor 36.7
1 X maxtor sata 120
Monitor: Nec 19 fe991 black
Memory: Need something good!!!

Thxx
:) :)

CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) Registered 1GB(2 x 512MB) 2x(64MX64) PC-3200C2PT w/ Platinum - Silver Heat Spreaders.Retail
Specifications:
Speed 400 MHz
Organization 2 x 64M x 64
Memory type Registered DDR
Part...Free FedEx Saver Shipping more info »
$277.00

You can get this at newegg. I use this on my rig with great satisfaction. That barton will hit the wall before this memory does. You can lock out that video card and go ahead with your overclock unfettered. Hope this helps.:D :D BTW, how do you like those twin raptors? I've been thinking about two for my rig.

I wholly agree that if yer looking for the best, CORSAIR is the way to go (check my sig). However, I would spend a little extra to get higher rated speed, 3500 and up. If money is REALLy no object, then look into the XMS PRO series ram rated at speeds up to 4000 and come with neat little usage LED lights built into the heat spreaders...

http://www.corsairmicro.com/

i've found prices competitive or cheaper at http://www.zipzoomfly.com which used to be googlegear.com

Back