• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Rev2.0 NB Voltage...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

Currently running bios rev 1006 and is it me or is there no way to up the volts to the nb?!? Also, I notice the ram runs dual channel on my board if they are in dimms 2,3 or 1,3... which doesn't make sense to me. so i can't even run these sticks in single channel to get a better oc. can somebody tell me if i am seeing things correctly?

jesus, where will i go next if asus doesn't work out for me?

i think i need a new "hobby"... this is getting old and repetitive. go buy a console, and keep 1 machine running at spec to browse the web. can't beleive i am wasting so much ****ing time and money bothering with this ****.

Last edited:
in the bio u can up the voltage for the NB for higher FSB so the memory voltage. on the dual memory 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 is dual channel. 1 and 2 is single channel. I am not sure why u want to run single channel for overclock... because dual and single different just a bit on this broad. If u want this broad can fly.. mod chipset voltage and vcore... it will take u to the end of your DDR can handle..... :D Have fun;)

You can only change the voltage setting on the N/B with the uber bios but that does not change the actual voltage. You will need a volt mod - check the stickies! The rev. 2.0 is good to about 215-220 without a volt mod.

Dual channel runs in slots 1 and 3 (well preferred to anyways). I would run in dual channel and not single if you have 2 sticks as the little overclock difference in single is not worth it.

ok, thanks for the responses guys. i think either this dut3c is holding me back or my ram is just not getting enough volts out of the board. i absolutely suck with a soldering gun so mods i can't do.

Banyan said:
ok, thanks for the responses guys. i think either this dut3c is holding me back or my ram is just not getting enough volts out of the board. i absolutely suck with a soldering gun so mods i can't do.

The N/B mod is solderless...

Back