• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA 7zxr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PC Death

Registered
GA 7zxr and 2400+

has any one managed t get a 2400+ wolring on this board. i bought one today cant get it to work , giga webby says that t-breds work "with some hardware modifaction " wtf does that mean !! any help ppllllz dont want to waste the cash on the chip , raternnot buy new mobo/ram just not to be wasted

I am presuming that the hardware mod needed would be to give you the multis nesescarry for running 2100 and over. What is the max multi of that mobo and how is it set(dips or BIOS) ?
Hood

well its currently running a 2100+ with the multi set by dips to AUT0. the max i canset it to is 12.5. is there any diff between the paly's and T-breds that could affect it because the web site metions different the .18 u as OK and .13u as with the mods . wich to me seems abit odd.
i tryed seeting the mult to 7 and 5 but had no luck , all it did was stop my 2100 from posting ;( just incase this helps its one of the new green ones. although i think its AIUHB stepping

The reason the 2100 wouldnt post at the multis you set is because the 2100 and above use the higher range of multis, to get them to use the lower multis you will have to do the wire trick, SEE HERE for info, you can also join the 5th L3 bridge with conductive paint on T/Breds to do the same but pallys dont have that bridge.

Sorry dont have an answer for your other question, suppose its a mail to giga and see if they can help, unfortuately it will take a long time for a reply.
Hood

See you are in the UK so it will be a lot quicker to get a response from Gigabyte if you phone tech support on this number 01908 362700 then dial ext 218

I would clear the CMOS before booting, and set the multiplier to AUT0. It should then boot on the 100 bus.

I had the same trouble with my Abit Kt133A board....I did get it the Tbred to work.

Back