• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p4p800 sound???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

i was thinking of building a new pc with the folllowing parts
p4 2.4C
asus p4p800
seagate 120gig serial ata, 7200rpm, 8meg cache
ocz 2x256ddr pc3200 optimized

and i wanted to know what the sound was like on this motherboard???

Here is a reply, but it wont help you.
I couldnt get that onboard sound to work with Win98SE on
my P4P800 I got last week.....
Every time it went to autodetect what was hooked up, it would
tell me my speakers were a microphone, and fail to work.

So I put a SB128 card I had laying around in and disabled the
onboard sound. Working great it is.

In Windows XP I've had no problems with the P4P and P4C's on-board audio. Both use the same chip. Decently good sound quality, relatively low SNR so they're better than most on-board audio systems I've seen. Far better than Asus' P4PE on-board sound system by far!

went from SB16 live value to onboard card on p4p800 - I think the sound is good enough - But I don't use the comp for composing music or anything so I haven't tested it big time

the onboard sound is pretty good for being onboard..ya as everyone else sayds the SB audigy is better...but i dont notice any difference in it.

the sound is pretty good

No probs under Windows 2000 professional as Windows Xp pro as well. I use a Labtec desktop speaker set, or headphones and it sounds good to me! No hiss or clicking/popping sounds like a lot of onboard sound chips have issues with when heavily using the system while listening to music or gaming.

i was working on p4p800 with win98se
and sound was fine
i work now with xp and everything is OK

Back