• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sk8n / Sk8v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

Any recommendations from anyone using either of these boards? They both seem quite featured, the SK8V maybe more targeted to the enthusiast market than the SK8N - which needs a bios flash to get athlonFX compatibility apparently. Any issues of any kind reported or nkown with either as well?

My bad. the sk8n is the only one there which takes an athlon FX unless I'm mistaken. The sk8v is for athlon 64's, and the sk8n is for athlon FX's and opterons. Also this means no dual channel ddr support on the sk8v as far as I know as it's for athlon64's. The SK8N looks a tad better anyway - I suppose it would for the server / workstation end. Cheers anyway :)

The sk8V is a 940 board as far as I know.

There are some other 940 boards coming out in Nov. by Gigabyte and the Leadtek one looks interesting as well.

Back