• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7-G RMA'd and replaced with another bad board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saulin

Hey peeps perhaps someone can help me out here...

My Abit IC7-G board started to do random reboots untill the point that it would not load windows anymore.

Then it just didn't post at all. I send it for RMA to the place where I purchased the board.

I got another board I think. Well to tell you the truth the only difference from this board and the one I sent is the north bridge fan. This has a cooler fan and taller too.. The board itself does not look brand new. I even thought it was the same board just with a different NB fan.

The problem I get now is. The board won't post. But now it beeps. Really long beeps. And it keeps going forever.

Usually when is RAM or video it will beep. But is One long beep and three short beeps or something like 2 long beeps and 2 short beeps. or 4 short beeps etc...

But all it does is long beeps forever.

Everything is connected properly. I mean is not the first time I install a board. That is my job.

I know my video card is fine since it works just fine on another system. I just have to test the RAM on another board that supports this RAM since my brother's old piece of crap only supports PC-133 RAM.

With RAM and video working fine on other PCs I can only assume I got another bad board.

What do you think?

Your gonna laugh at this one, but my brother got the same sort of beeps with an IT7 board, if I remember right. The problem was the keyboard.

You haven't really explained what tests you've done...
Try with just CPU + Mobo + RAM and graphics card, nothing else. (no hdd, fdd, audigy and so on)
Clear CMOS and try to get it to post.
If no go, try removing one of the RAM modules.

I got two bad IS7....first one worked great for a week....then the long beeps like you....second one gave me a "unworkable cpu" error....read every post in more than one forum on it....tried everything with no luck. RMA'ed it. I now have the new AI7....and it's running fine. Two thing you might like about the AI7 are support for the Prescott, and the memory voltage goes to 3.2 without any mods.

Bill

Back