• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serial ATA ????? for A7N8x-Deluxe 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pat

I want to install a addition HD on my system on Primary IDE as a slave & move my Zip drive to the SATA. I do have an adapter to convert the SATA cable to an IDE cable.

Do I just set the jumper on the M/B &, install the drivers into XP Home to make it work? I won't need to boot to the Zip drive either.

Thanks,

Pat;)

64Thunderbolt said:
Hey Pat
Im having trouble just adding a HDD to the IDE while using the SATA for my main drive.
Any ideas for this one?

Charlie

What is happening ? Just make sure its set to boot from SCSI and your set. When installing an OS on the SATA drive u need to install the RAID drivers with a Floppy (hit F6 for XP and 98&ME use norton ghost or a drive image program) . IF you don't install the driver then the drive will not appear during install of your OS.

I just want to install a Zip drive to the SATA Controller & keep the boot drive to the IDE cable. How do I do that? Just set the jumper & Install the drivers?

Pat

Just install the driver when your in the OS and enable the jumper on the board. Use the IDE converter to SATA on the Zip it should work. You can buy the converter at a PC Club store on the net.

Back