• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MIDI port and sound card conflict on Gigabyte 81K1100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cool Frank

Registered
Hi out there,
I can't get the built MIDI of my Gigabyte 81K1100 to work.

I wanted to use the GB motherboard for my new MIDI piano, but I couldn't make the two work together. Later, I put back in my Sound Blaster Audigy MP3, diabled the Gigabyte Realtek vuilt in audio system and got both audio and MIDI off the SB. After some patches and upgrades to the computer, Win XP frooze everytime I powered it up in normal mode, but booted up properly in safe mode. I took out the Sound Blaster and then Win XP booted properly again. Now, I have no MIDI interface at all to my PC. The cable I used to plug to my Gigabyte MIDI port is the one that came with the Sound blaster. I don't remember if the motherboard came with a MIDI cable or not. In Win XP, the GIgabyte port is detected in the device manager hardware configuration, but no music goes in or out of the Piano when I try to use it. I changed IRQ and address with no improvement. :( Anyone tackled this problem?

Back