• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disable onboard sound NF7-S 2.0... IRQ Sharing... How?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kfc

Okay... other then the one bios option for doing this what else should I do?

I have tried to disable the onboard sound in the past yet I cant get my sound card to work. I'm willing to get it another chance but I'd like to know if there is anything else I need to do.

BTW I have everything on my mobo enabled for the exception of firewire and serial. I have a agp video card and my ata-100 controller card is using pci slot 4.

So what slot should the sound card be? and if i should change the pci slot of my ata-100 controller what slot should I move it to?

First, make sure you have the latest drivers from NVidia. Try and disable the Onboard sound in the bios, and boot into windows go into Control Panel/System/Harware/Device Manager/Sound, Video, Game Controllers and make sure that the Soundstorm On-Board audio isn't there. If it is, I would have to say there is something wrong with your Board. If there isn't, it has been disabled.

I don't know why you are having problems with your sound card. Mine works fine, it's 3 down from the AGP slot. Install it and the latest drivers for your card. Make sure it shows up where I told you to look for the On-Board Sound, it should be there. If it is double click it and make sure that it says the device is working properly. If it doesn't work after that than I would say something is wrong with your sound card.

Maybe this is a dumb question but why do you have an ata 100 controller card? When the motherboard has plenty of room for ata harddrives. Maybe that's causing an issue somehow. Take it out and see if that helps any.

Also, if you if you have a sound card that is less than a SB Audigy you're better off with the on-board sound anyway.

-Overcrocked

Uhhhh because the sata on the mobo will only work for two drives, one drive per channel. so that would leave me with two hard drives doing nothing.

Uhhhh because the sata on the mobo will only work for two drives, one drive per channel. so that would leave me with two hard drives doing nothing.

Oh man, I just saw your system config. That's a lot of Hard Drives. Personally I could live off one 36gb Raptor drive. Anyways, try what I said, see what happens. Also, get bios 19 if you don't already have it.

-Overcrocked

thanks

i have bios 19 and all that.

what pci slot should i put the sound card in? pretty much so all of them left are shared :?

Back