• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce system utility out today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

Nvidia released their nforce system utility today. I have downloaded and installed it. Looks like there will need to be some bios update before the temp/voltage readings will be correct. but the clock sliders work fine, and the cpu die temp is reported (if correctly i don't know). There was a forceware driver pack scheduled for release at the same time, but they are holding off apparantly trying to get a new uninstaller working properly :(

anyway, check it out...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility_1.0

J.

hmm, using nfs7-s v 2.0 here, i noticed that only the FSB adjustments are available. Is this because of the older drivers and lack of a BIOS update?
also, when i tried modifiyng the only option available (FSB) it crashed.. i tried decrising it to 200 mhz from the 400 mhz it's set on (only reason i want this ultility is cause i want my CPU to be in lower power consumption and lower noise when im just browsing the net.. wich is a good 50% of my computing time) i don't see the "temp" page some people mention anywhere, and i can't change any other setting at all.

Kamus said:

also, when i tried modifiyng the only option available (FSB) it crashed.. i tried decrising it to 200 mhz from the 400 mhz it's set on (only reason i want this ultility is cause i want my CPU to be in lower power consumption and lower noise when im just browsing the net.. wich is a good 50% of my computing time) i don't see the "temp" page some people mention anywhere, and i can't change any other setting at all.

Exact same thing here. No extra options or temp/voltage readings and it locked up when I tried to change the FSB. Looks like good potential, it just needs to be finished up.

Kamus said:
hmm, using nfs7-s v 2.0 here, i noticed that only the FSB adjustments are available. Is this because of the older drivers and lack of a BIOS update?

so what you did was try to set your fsb to 100mhz. It says 400mhz in the program, that would be 200X2 (ddr remember?) :D. I was able to adjust the fsb, i only tried in much smaller increments than that though. As far as temps/fans/voltages, yes, we will need a bios update from the manufacturer for these to work properly.

J.

got some new mem today(sig...) and i rebooted my comp dozens of times so i could overclock it....

got it up to 218 and now with the util going higher will be easy as pie :p

can't wait for abit to release the new bios that will make this util fully functional :)

juliendogg said:
Nvidia released their nforce system utility today. I have downloaded and installed it. Looks like there will need to be some bios update before the temp/voltage readings will be correct. but the clock sliders work fine, and the cpu die temp is reported (if correctly i don't know). There was a forceware driver pack scheduled for release at the same time, but they are holding off apparantly trying to get a new uninstaller working properly :(

anyway, check it out...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility_1.0

J.

Why not try this instead OC GURU

Re: Re: nforce system utility out today

kagee108 said:

Why not try this instead OC GURU

I did. for some reason it wouldn't load. after it was installed, when going to open any of the modules "XXXX has performed an illegal operation and will be closed" i will try it again.

J.

From the game Quake3, you can see that the framerates for the game are 249 fps (frames per second)

However, an overclocked system can give users higher framerates, which mean a much smoother gaming experience. It will also give players a faster response time, meaning the difference between winning and losing.

In the screenshot below, we have increased the FSB from 200 to 270, a 35% increase.

The increase of the FSB from 200 to 270 has led to an increase in framerates, from 249 to 337, a 35 % increase! This increase means a much smoother gaming experience and faster response time.

funny stuff!

Re: Re: Re: nforce system utility out today

juliendogg said:

I installed it again, same error. illegal operation blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

J.

Hmmmm. Well both utilities are new. Looks like they are both buggy.

well, oc guru is only for the latest line of boards, that would be the answer to that.

oc guru will NOT work on nforce2 ultra 400 based boards.

OC GURU will only works with new K8 boards, using a dedicate GURU chip.
That nVidia Utlity needs a new bios to support it. I hope they launch it before the new nForce drivers... :rolleyes:

no. no no and no. bios 19 does not have support for the nforce tool.
some basic o/c functions work and that's it. Nvidia has stated that it will require bios updates for the advanced pages and temp/fan/voltage readouts.

i don't quite understand why since mbm5 or any number of other proggy's can read them fine.

J.

Back