• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2 19bios (reading lower temps)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woody29

hi....
any one tried this bios yet? I.ve had this bios installed from 18 about a week now. my temps have dropped around 5c.....
like in my sig i'm running [email protected] - 2.36GHZ. and my temps were about 40c now around 35c only.
everything else seems as before, no effects to my overclock but the temps.

Last edited:
Hard to say for me, I may have dropped a couple degrees, but that's it. I'm not even sure if it was from the bios. There are just too many factors when it comes to computer temperatures.

-Overcrocked

Has nothing nothing to do with bios 19.

19 only added support for the new Duron chips.

But, glad to hear your temps are down.

kagee108 said:
Has nothing nothing to do with bios 19.

I wouldn't be so sure. Board makers are known to tweak temperature readings with new bios revisions, probably in an effort to make users feel better. Abit has done this with previous bioses for the NF7 boards.

grunjee said:
I wouldn't be so sure. Board makers are known to tweak temperature readings with new bios revisions, probably in an effort to make users feel better. Abit has done this with previous bioses for the NF7 boards.

Again ... from Abit website
Caution: This BIOS version is for NF7 & NF7-S Revision 2.0 only!
For Revision 1.0 ~ 1.2, please click here.
Please use AWDFLASH 8.23D or later to update NF7 series BIOS. With incorrect AWDFLASH version, the GUID will be erased, and leads to IEEE1394 peer to peer function failed. AWDFLASH 8.23K is included in this BIOS package.
Add Duron (FSB 266MHz) support.
BIOS compile date: 10/09/2003.

Adding support for the new Duron is the only change.

Haven't tried it, but I'd tend to agree with kagee...in the other revisions that have caused temp changes, they've been listed as something the BIOS changes.

say,.... like my temps are reading 34c and if i reboot, when XP starts winbond Dr. say,s 38c. very weird. My temps tend to hang from time to time like one off the older bios i can't remember..... which maybe 17 i think?????? .
i just installed nforce utilities, my cpu die temps say's 60c (WTF).

grunjee said:

****, I'd rather they don't, want a true reading as possible.

Pretty annoying if they do.

i got

almost a 10 degree change in mine. Running 2500+ right now at 12x200. Before the bios change, I had whatever came with the board, mbm5 was reading up to 27c running prime 95, while the lcd on my mach 1 read -35c. installed the new bios today and now mbm5 reads 18c. I still think the temps are off a little and I'm about to add some dielectric grease and neoprene in the socket to get more accurate temps then I'll see how fast this bad boy goes.

Re: i got

so many choices said:
Before the bios change, I had whatever came with the board, mbm5 was reading up to 27c running prime 95, while the lcd on my mach 1 read -35c. installed the new bios today and now mbm5 reads 18c. I still think the temps are off a little

Gee, ya think??? 27c CPU temps??? You have MBM5 configured wrong. You are reading system temps.

I am using Winbond Hardware Doctor that came with the installation CD. No configuration required. Bios 18, System temps are 27c and CPU at the moment is 41.5 - 42C with stock HSF. I have SATA activated usinf a WD30gb IDE drive with converter. System stable, no corruption issues, everything A-OK!!

Look, If you guys think that bios 19 is giving you better SATA or better temps or even better sex, be my guest and use it all day long. Abit's official documetation says "Add Duron (FSB 266MHz) support".

Have a great day guys.

Hmm whats wierd is my prob is the exact opposite my CPU load temperatures are about 5 higher than with BIOS 18 (using BIOS 19) now. Im using MBM5 and it shows the same reading as the PC health inside the bios... I dunno why but I havent changed or OCed anything after flashing BIOS 19. Stock HSF right now.

Rilian said:
Hmm whats wierd is my prob is the exact opposite my CPU load temperatures are about 5 higher than with BIOS 18 (using BIOS 19) now. Im using MBM5 and it shows the same reading as the PC health inside the bios... I dunno why but I havent changed or OCed anything after flashing BIOS 19. Stock HSF right now.

i got the same prob....its about 4-5c higher....strange :/

makes you wonder. why can't Abit tech boys and girls just get it right and leave the temps alone. and also the temps tend to stick and jump up or down after rebooting, even with the same ambient room temps..
Hope Nvidia gets their Nforce system utilities thing working soon, as it reports the cpu die temp ......at last...!!!!

I'm reading 12° C temps from MBM, which wasn't any noticeable change from my previous BIOS. I have read about Abit recalibrating their temperature readings in the past, but I don't know about them doing it this time. Everything looks about the same to me (temp-wise).

well.....

now my temps have gone back up again, around 3 to 4 degrees.
might go back to bios 17 until the new one comes out that supports the new nforce system utilities......wish they hurry up.

Woody29 said:
well.....

now my temps have gone back up again, around 3 to 4 degrees.

This thread is getting too funny! :D :D :D

You guys are a bunch of worry warts. My dead grandmother never worried so much about so little.

Did you ever stop and think that the tolerance of the sensing device may account for your variances? If the sensor was accurate to +/-10%, (just a guess, They aint going in NASA rockets after all) and your temps read 30, it could actually be 27-33. They might also drift themselves with temp changes.

If you are OCing the chip that hard where 1-2 degrees is gonna cause the thing to evaporate into hyperspace, you outta just back it down some. ABIT, N-VIDIA or anyone else is going to give a flip if you fry your system cause their temp were off 2-3 degrees.

Back