• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot Flash works A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper.nkc

What I suspected was correct. I had a bad Bios file in chip. Please follow these procedures for A7N8X Deluse Rev 2.0

You will need a new chip with bios already flashed. You can get it from Assus or orther source. You will also need a floppy disk with new bios. Make sure bios file on floppy matches Bios flash on good chip. For this purpose, Asus provided 1007 bios.

1. Turn off computer and reset Cmos per manfacturer's procedure.
2. Remove bad Bios chip using PLCC ExtractionTool from Radio Shack.
3. Install good bios chip but don't push it down all the way, about half way will work. Turn on computer. If all pins are making contact, you should see Assus logo, if not you will get a blank screen.
4. Go into bios and select correct FSB speed for your CPU and save it. If computer boots into OS, then you are ready to perform hot flash.
5. Reboot and press Alt + F2 to get into Award Flash.
5. Insert floppy and type file name of new bios with extension. Warning!!!! DO NOT PRESS ENTER.
6. Pull good bios and install bad bios chip. Go ahead and push this chip all the way down into the socket.
7. Press enter and awardflash will automactically flash new bios into bad chip.
8. Upon completiion of flash, computer will reboot automactically.
9. Computer will post and load OS. No changes to Bios is required since you done that in step 4.

Good Chip from Assus will be my spare chip. Happy OCing!!!

Back