• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could we get a Poll on mem brand and FSB speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinart

Could we get a Poll on mem brand and FSB speeds on NF7-S?

Slap me if this is allready here somewhere, but it would be good to see what fsb's you guyz are getting with these bords and what brand of ram you are useing and woltages??

Im sure all NF7 owners would liek too see results?

Post your specs below please!

Chad

Last edited:
Are you a bot 9mm?

There is no way you can be that quick on posting man, You have replied to numerous threads within seconds of the post being posted.

Chad

and you too PMS? how the hell do you guyz keep up with the posts?

and thank you PMS

Chad

The only problem with this, is it's impossible to have that many parameters within a poll. The idea is good, and we've done polls a few times before (go digging and see....they've slid back down a number of pages...).

We're limited to 10 variables in a poll. To have options for FSB, voltages, and memory brands would quickly and easily surpass the limit.

Give me 10 "FSB ranges", 10 "voltage ranges", and 10 "memory types", and I can put up three polls. And you'd still likely have more options you'd like to add to the first and last ones...

Like for memory....Ok, I run Corsair (1)...Corsair what?? PC2100 (2), 2700 (3), 3200 (4), LL (5), Dual Channel kit (6) 256 (7), 512 (8)? there's eight right there, just for Corsair....see what I'm getting at?

Help me with some parameters, limited to ten per poll, and we'll go from there...

Brian

hmm ok Brian, you better give me a bit here to think about that.

you other guys feel free to help :)

Chad

I wouldn't mind putting up some new polls, with the newer chips available and up to PC4200 nowadays, some people are hitting insane numbers. I'd be good to "get the pulse" of the community with some fresh polls...

Post the variables you want here, or PM 'em to me...I'll get them up and posted. ;)

B.

(hopefully we can avoid the usual intel fan from ambling into it, and posting..."d00dz, i get lik 292FSB wit mi 3.06 and PC9000 DDRIII" :rolleyes: :p )

skinart said:
Il let you know :)

also, i know this is in the rong section, but it would be kewl to refresh the memory poll :) so many new brands out there and alot doing very well for good prices :)

Chad

No doubt....DDR is (by and large) dirt cheap again... (if you know where to look for it...;) )

Well if there are 10 options I would just deal with FSB.

Lets try these numbers out.

>170
170-179
180-189
190-199
200-209
210-219
220-229
230-239
240-249
250<

Poll One: Manufacturer
OCZ
Corsair
Crucial
Kingston
Mushkin
Geil
Buffalo
Budget
Other

Poll Two: RAM Speed
PC-2100
PC-2700
PC-3200
PC-3500
PC-3700
PC-4000
PC-4200

Poll Three: FSB Speed
< 133
133 - 165
166 - 175
176 - 185
186 - 195
195 - 205
206 - 215
216 - 220
221 - 230
231 - 240
=> 241

Wow I just got a new NF7S for myself and NF7M for my father, and I was just thinking today that someone should start a poll, so it would give people kind of a starting point and an end point for that matter, as far as the voltage settings and latencys. It would come in real handy right now , LOL. It is kind of a crap shoot right now with this NF7M, but I am narrowing it down:D

Mr B said:
The only problem with this, is it's impossible to have that many parameters within a poll. The idea is good, and we've done polls a few times before (go digging and see....they've slid back down a number of pages...).

We're limited to 10 variables in a poll. To have options for FSB, voltages, and memory brands would quickly and easily surpass the limit.

Give me 10 "FSB ranges", 10 "voltage ranges", and 10 "memory types", and I can put up three polls. And you'd still likely have more options you'd like to add to the first and last ones...

Like for memory....Ok, I run Corsair (1)...Corsair what?? PC2100 (2), 2700 (3), 3200 (4), LL (5), Dual Channel kit (6) 256 (7), 512 (8)? there's eight right there, just for Corsair....see what I'm getting at?

Help me with some parameters, limited to ten per poll, and we'll go from there...

Brian

Thanks for getting over here so fast.

Off topic but, we need to have a lan, or meet up in the Boston area.
Check the Community out Mr B.

{PMS}fishy said:

Thanks for getting over here so fast.

Off topic but, we need to have a lan, or meet up in the Boston area.
Check the Community out Mr B.

I had been, but it hadn't received replies in a while. I'll check it out shortly.

On this topic, if we keep the memory question Abit NF7 (-M,S) related, it can stay here, and not have to go to "Memory" (although we could do one there too....)

B.

I would like to see it kept on NF7's, just se we can see if the bord prefers one brand of ram, and a new memory one would be nice too :)

Chad

Back