• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP/PCI bus not locking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K1ll1nT1m3

I dont really have a good way to check it. But, EasyTune is showing my buses not being locked. BIOS is set locked at 66/33 but EasyTune shows them increasing with the FSB. Im thinking its not locked since I have hit a brick wall on the FSB. It seems my FSB stops after the normal Voltage. Any Vcore over stock doesnt help really. Which makes me think its the AGP/PCI bus.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or a way around it? Maybe a way to really check the PCI bus? Or am I totally wrong and thats all Im going to get from this P4?

edit: Just incase; stock FSB 133mhz, OCed at 147 mhz. Cpu with an a third party temp sensor between the heatspreader and die; 28c idle, 37c load. BIOS temp, and software temps; 27c load. Vcore stock at 1.525v; up to 1.750v with no real change ( maybe 10mhz fsb ).

edit2: I got to 3.25g by changing the memory multiplier down. A volt change in Vdimm has no effect. Or AGP for that matter.

Last edited:
Get rid of easy tune 4 its a liar trust only bios its acturate. If it shows you are locked then you are locked.

Same problem

My easy tune 4 also reads that my AGP and PCI are overclocked. But I know this isn't true cause when I manually increase the AGP in my Bios, it can't run over 70 and Easytune reads 89. So I think that my AGP and PCI are locked its just need better software to read it out.

Yeah dont trust Easy Tune 4. I only use it to calibrate my temperature sensors for MBM5 and remove it. Gigabyte put out this sorry software and needs to remove it all together.

Back