• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800dlx does not boot when MAM or Turbo is enabled...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goenitz_196

Hi,

I am running: -

P4P800 Deluxe BIOS 1009
P4 2.8c 800FSB
OCZ 2x256MB 3700 Dual-Channel Gold
ATi Radeon 9700 Pro

Now in the BIOs everything is set to default. If I either enable Memory Acceleration Mode OR set the Performance to Turbo the system doesn't boot...it just gives a voice saying "Sysem failed due to CPU overclocking". Is there something wrong with my MB or am I just dumb...cause I thought the OCZ 3700 could handle aggressive timings. I'm fairly new to all of this anyway....anyone help please?

I have seen many cases similiar to yours. The problem always turns out that the memory doesn't want to play nice with those settings. There are only 2 resolutions: Move the RAM from the black to the blue slots (or vice-versa) and see if that helps, or exchange those sticks of RAM for some new ones.

Good luck.

Goenitz_196 said:

Now in the BIOs everything is set to default. If I either enable Memory Acceleration Mode OR set the Performance to Turbo the system doesn't boot...

Yes, thats memory issue. I experienced same problem.
Solved with Kingston HyperX.

Back