• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help raising my FSB!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Incon95

Ok, here is the problem....

I'm using a Abit KXR-333R board and i'm unable to increase my FSB and stay stable. I have tried the laziest memory settings and upped all my voltages. I have seen many reviews were people are just upping there FSB's and getting 1800mhz out of a xp2000 using this board, heck i've seen it with the same memory. I have a XP 2000 processor and 768mb of Crucial memory (unbufferd, pc2700 cas 2.5) My processor is not unlocked thats why i'm just trying to up the FSB. I have a Antec case with 6 fans as well as a Delta on my heatsink (which I think is a volcano 7) My temps are always around 39-43 celsius. My borad is always around 29-32 celsius. Oh, and I also have a SBLive xgamer 5.1 and a MSI Ti4800 128mb VDcard.

any help would be nice.

thanks

Dude, if you wanna get your FSB much higher then your just gonna have to break down and buy a new system. Everything there needs to be replaced except you're case, fans and video & sound card.

-Overcrocked

Don't go right out and buy the newest stuff. You should certianly be able to OC your current setup. What is your current FSB? Have you tried making sure the ram is synced wwith the FSB? Upping the mem voltage?

Incon95,

I agree with Gnufsh in that you can learn a lot from your current board. It is a little harder to overclock KT333-based boards (I assume the Abit KXR-333R board is based on the KT333 VIA chipset) but they can reach ~200 FSB if the cpu multiplier is unlocked. I wrote a guide awhile back that is a sticky under the AMD Motherboard forum, it does have a section dealing with the KT333 boards. Here is a direct link to the guide. :cool:

edit: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Last edited:
The gains he'll get are nominal with that setup, but, I guess if he's new to overclocking he could definatly use the experience. Even though a baby could overclock most of our computers.

-Overclocked

Overcrocked said:
Even though a baby could overclock most of our computers.

The KT333 boards are a little more challenging with the fixed FSB/memory dividers, the difficulty depends on if your cpu is unlocked or not.

I'll agree getting to ~210 FSB on a typical nForce2 board is relatively straightforward but the rest can be pure pain. Each board seems to be unique to some extent when it comes to getting above ~210ish. Getting above 230 seems a real art with some luck thrown in that depends on the luck of the draw for the hardware you get and mods you're willing to make.

Having perfected this top-end overclocking art form for the nForce2 boards and 32bit cpus is of litlle use if you then step up to one of the new 64bit cpus. However I guess you can always argue the experience is an advantage and that is true. :D

Back