• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dris

i'm shoping around for a new motherboard and i was wondering what you all would reccomend. its for the system in my sig. i was thinking of an epox as i have heard great things about them. i want to try to stay away from msi just becuase that's what i have always been using and i want to be able to compare it to something else that i have owned and used. i have also heard great things about gigabyte. what would you reccomend?

if you want to overclock, epox boards are the way to go (in my opinion). they have just about every overclocking option one could want, and you can take the voltage insanely high without mods (like 2.2vcore).

i am very pleased with my asus (in sig), but i havent really tried to OC it. my brother has an epox 8RDA3+ (i think), and he really likes it. he runs a 1700 tbred at like 2.5gigs on it, no problem.

so if you want extreme overclocking, go for the 8rda3+, and if you want more feature than you could ever possibly need in a mobo, go with the a7n8x deluxe. good luck.

i wouldnt think you'd have a problem with either one of those. my brother uses an slk800 on his epox, which i know is smaller than that swiftech, but its still big. that norbridge cooler just seems a little extreme... but i guess that is the name of the game around here. if you want serious cooling, have you thought about water cooling?

i had a bad experence with water cooling about a year ago. i will go back eventually...maybe

this is what i have now and it BARELY fits in there
image.html

Back