• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question about KG7-raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrKillington

Question about kt266 chipset and 2400+

Okeedokee, I didn't notice this on paul's guide, so here goes: I have a KG7-RAID mobo and it seems like I should be able to go all the way up to a 2400+ processor, since it has a 266 MHz FSB.. but on the Abit website it says that the highest it supports is 2100+ palamino or t-bred 2000+. Is the page just out of date, or am I out of luck?

Last edited:
On their site is says throughbred up to 2000+, that is the cut-off for multi's below 12.5 (I think its 12.5 but it might be 13... can't remember wich side it inclueds) and the motherboard probably doesn't support higher that that. I don't know for sure but its somthing about the bits on the multiplier, nee ways. There is a mod, I think it is cutting/connecting the last L5 bridge that allows your motherboard to get the lower multi's (with motherboards that don't support the extra bits it is either +12.5 or under 12.5 (unles sits over 13 and under 13... can't remember) depending on whether or not that bridge is done/not.

I don't know the extacts but there is info on it around here.. I am almost posotive the AMD CPU's sticky has info on it.

Ok, so it sounds like I can break (or connect..?) a bridge on the processor to open up higher order bits and use higher multipliers than my mobo supports... is there a webpage somewhere that details why this works and how to do it? also, is it reasonably safe for the mobo and processor?
Thanks.

Shearch around on here, and in the AMD FAQ, there are some thread on it... I can look a lil later 4 ya too... THough I am sorta busy ATM.

Back