• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT NF7-S Two tone European Siren on Cold Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stephan

Registered
The title pretty much says it all..... When I turn on the computer from a cold start I get the Two Tone siren as soon as it enters Windows XP. When I get to the log on screen I can then choose to turn off the pc and I choose to restart. It them restarts with no siren. What gives?!!? This is starting to drive me nutz!

:bang head :bang head :bang head

ok i had the same problem...actually alot of people have this problem.
When i had it i did some searching on this forum and Abit's forum it didn't help me that much so i don't blame you for posting
First that beep code stands for overheating or improper voltages.
If you have a decent power supply you should be ok there.
My problem was temperature CPU that is the only temp it shuts down on.
I first took my cpu out of the socket and bent that temp monitoring thingy down, you'll see it, sorry not sure what it is called. I did that just in case it was, well i don't know why i did it....LOL
Then i applied ceramique all over the DIE THIS IS IMPORTANT because this MOBO uses the on die temp monitor in the CPU.
Then put the heatsink on strait, this is important too many people solve their overheating problem by just reseating the heatsink.
Then when i turned on the Comp, i went into bios and turned the fan warnign and temp warning off or up really high.
That solved it for me. I hope this Post helped
P.S> i also has a 7volt mod that in my 12v line i undid, although i don't think this was a voltage problem, the mobo only cares about the voltage it recieves.

Lots of people get this problem, and there are many diffrent solutions. You may have to keep trying several things. What fixed it for me was changing the nb voltage up to 1.7. :D. If the solutions that rxtrom posted don't help, give that a shot.
good luck.

J.

Well the things that I thought are strange are:

It happens just as Windows starts loading....yet it will not do it when I tell the computer to "RESTART" as opposed to "SHUT DOWN". If I power down and back up it will come back.

The PSU is a FORTRON brand new...good unit.

Sandra lists the CPU temp as 28C (88F)at idle.....SK7 H/S (AS3) and Smart Fan II properly seated.

Everything is at stock speeds. I'll have to check into the BIOS to see what revision it is and I'll let you know.

Has anyone revised the bios and this has "disappeared?!!?" Seems like I would have heard about this is it was "THE FIX."

I'll keep you posted...thanks for the replies.

Even though Sandra listed the CPU temps as "ok" it doesn't mean the board "sees" the same temps, remember the board has the capabilities to read the temp reported off the die itself, make sure you have thermal goop on the whole die and heatsink is seated right.
It might be that the chip reaches its high temps right as windows starts, i am not sure why it choses then shut off and beep

I checked BIOS rev and it is #16...so I should try flashing it....although I hate doing that...always a chance for a bad flash. What is the safest way to go about this on this board? Thanks.

I had a similar problem, expect I got the siren as soon as I turned on the power. I finally solved it my reattaching my HSF (it was loose). Oddly enough this actually fixed the problem.

The siren is suppose to be caused by overheating, so I thought maybe the HSF wasn't attached securely or was loose. Seems odd, but also seems to have fixed it for me, YMMV...

Back