• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper filings in tube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I havse a Dtek WW and copperdust is coming out of the wb and into tubes.

Good, Bad, Doesnt matter? Thoughts please?

It's probably just dust left over from their 'lapping' job. If it's truly a dust, I doubt if it'll hurt much, but flushing the system would be a safe precaustion.

yea, after I lapped my WW I noticed that the inside was dirty. Take a q-Tip to wipe out what you can with it, and a toothpick to scrub inside of the channels with running water running through it.

Definately flush that block with water, perferably distilled water. If you have an air compressor, probably a good idea to flush with water, and then blow it out with air ... maybe set the air pressure a bit lower so you don't have any "surprises" ... maybe 20 psi or so. Repeat a few times, and you should be OK. Good luck.

KK

PS: Safety glasses are a good idea as I've gotten a face-full of water when I wasn't careful doing something similar!

Back