• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A thermal question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a12bc3

OK I was watching this dell comercial and one of the guys handling the PCs was wearing some kind of anti-static gloves of some sort, and since I tweak my system and change parts a lot, I was wondering if anybody know were I could get some.

Thanx,
<------a12bc3:cool:

Anti-static gloves aren't really necessary... They do sell wrist bands that ground you and prevent you from making any static discharges to your components and these wouldn't be as clumbsy as gloves.

I don't think those are necessary though either - when I work on a computer I make sure that right before I touch anything I touch a part of the metal chassis. Never had a problem in the past couple years I've been working on other people's systems or for the past 6 years or so I've been playing with my own systems.

I've gotten so in the habit of doing it I don't even realize it... But it's caught the attention of other people when I haven't worked on their computers before. If they watch me they almost always make some comment - I think they think it's a nervous tick or some obsessive compulsive trait.

Anyways, not sure where you can pick them up - never noticed them anywhere, but I was never looking for them either. You may have better luck asking in GCRD or GH if you don't find an answer here.

Back