• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA controller on NF7-S Rev. 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CoolRunnings

Registered
I was just recently eyeing the SATA 80gb 7200rpm Seagate drives on NewEgg selling for the insanely low price of $83 a piece. I've got an NF7-S Rev. 2.0 and was wondering 3 things:

1. Have the initial issues people were facing with the SATA controller on this board fixed?

2. Does the SATA controller on this board support RAID 0 and RAID 1?
(sorry, don't have any SATA drives yet to check)

3. Do these drives work well on this board? I've heard scattered reports of compatibility problems with some SATA drives but never heard why...

Get the latest Bios 18 or 19. I know it supports Raid 0, so it'll likely support Raid 1[somebody could confirm this for me]. Finally, yes these boards do handle Sata very well [in fact, they handle everything well], a lot of people use SATA drives with them. Just don't use the older bios' ;they did have some issues that have now been resolved.

-Overcrocked

1. Have the initial issues people were facing with the SATA controller on this board fixed?

Yes, I had run bios 18 with no problems & then upgraded to 19 when it came out last week. I really couldn't tell any difference between the two bios releases. The new one, bios 19, was suppose to fix the remaining sata problems with the nf7-s. But I never had any issues with either one.

2. Does the SATA controller on this board support RAID 0 and RAID 1? (sorry, don't have any SATA drives yet to check)

Yes, it supports both.

. Do these drives work well on this board? I've heard scattered reports of compatibility problems with some SATA drives but never heard why...

Sorry, but I don't know. I haven't really heard anything one way or another. But I would assume that it should work just fine. But if your going to buy it from Newegg, if you have problems with it, I'm sure Newegg will work with you and you'll be able to get another board or maby even a refund.

BIOS 19 wanted for the new nForce 2 control panel, sort of forceware panel, if u don't run it, 18 is fine.

Back