• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

its been awhile .....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stormer

hey guys its been awhile now since canterwood first made its appearance.. and now that everyone has a good feel for them :p

i was wondering is it worth upgrading my mobo from a p4s533 to a IC7... and if not why not, else is there a better option for that price range..

just the IC7 not the IC7-G since they are virtually the same but ones is quite a bit cheaper .. any problems with these boards relating to bios or otherwise?

thanks Stormer

If you stick with your 400/533FSB processor, it's not worth it. But, if you go for a 2.4 or a 2.6, you get some nice things; HT and you can take full use of Dual Channel.

The IC7 is a great motherboard, If you don't need GigaLan, then you dont :)

As far as I know, there are no real problems with the IC7, some small as always. One little detail is that the NB fan is very noisy, but if you e-mail abit you'll get the new cooling which is great.

If you are going for a "C" processor and wants to overclock, look here first:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=240142

Good luck!

Back