• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel D865Perl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bair

Registered
Does anyone know anything about overclocking on a Intel D865Perl motherboard? It doesn't seem to let you change the frequencies manually, it has like percentages you change or something and it only goes up to 4% I think.

That's it, 4% max. That's generous for Intel too because until real recently you couldn't OC at all with their boards.

If you want a board for OCing, don't get an Intel board. If you want a board that's 100% stable and built like a tank, just say "Yes Intel".

wow that sucks :< i won this computer at a counter-strike tournament...i got the perfect case and everything for overclocking and im poor so i cant buy a new mobo :< o well thanks for help

you can overclock these boards I did it awhile back with a program called
CPUFSB or something like that,you look at your board for an IC CHIP on it
and tell the program what number is on it..PLL or something...it did work
but as you know it also makes the agp/pci bus go up too and that is where
things started to get unstable.It was fun playing around with it though

i have the same board but the clockgen says that the chipset does not match. i dl the clockgen ver for the D865PERL which is my mobo...but the error msg pops out whenever i run the exe file.HELP!

same here. I have the D865PERL and get a chipset does not match error using the correct clockgen version. I don't know why clockgen has a version for Intel boards at all. Note, that the same file is downloaded for DFI 855 chipset and for Iwill DH800 and some Asus boards.

Back