• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus PC Probe 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProBoner

Just wondering if the temps registering under PC probe should be taken seriously? They seem considerably lower than my bios temps ...
I'm guessing it should be looked at the same way you would look at GTECH times when racing a car... sure they give you a good indication of when you're making improvements, but only real timeslips should be taken seriously!

Well, they are the same as the readouts from MBM 5.

But take them with a grain of salt - these programs are always off by a little bit. Your best bet is a thermal probe of some sort.

They are great "relative" temperature readings.

Oh ****, i should of read your post more carefully pro:

Yer a car modder, eh? Actually, GTECH sensors are using relative accelerometer differences to give readings, whereas most motherobard readings are taken from a sensor on board.

Also, I should of mentioned that BIOS temps aren't that accurate and I would HIGHLY recommend using Motherboard Monitor 5. Go ahead and download it and if you have any questions about setting it up, holla and I'll give you a hand.

Want more analagy? MBM5 is more like the tools used by auto magazines to test specs on cars, like the ones that attaches with a little wheel and is independent of calculations made on the built-in speedometer in cars which use a rpm calculation (which can be off by as much as 15% ).

Oh man, I can't believe I was the thread starter to this post and I couldn't find it for so long :D

So you're saying that MBM5 is like an engine dyno ;) and depending on the drivetrain, it could be off by as much as 25%+ (as is the case with some AWD cars) since the engine dyno's don't account for drivetrain losses.

I installed speedfan instead of MBM5 (although I did download MBM5). According to speed fan, I'm idling at 51-52C :( while overclocked... I guess its time to ditch the volcano9 heatsink or bring it back to stock speeds :(

I wish someone has a thermal coupler and meter to read temp directly from CPU. This method is the only accurate way to measure heat temp with calibrated precision. Compare that calibrated reading with MB/bios and we will learn the "percentage of accuracy" of MB/Bios measurement.

Back