• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dtek customs spir@l bad waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
20 dollars seem like an excellent deal... actually an awesome deal considering the prices of other blocks out there. I do have to admit that its performance isn't up there as some other blocks but for 20 bucks... That gives you alot of MickeyDs. Just get it and spend alot of time lapping the bottom since D-Tek is notorious for giving you a rough base.

Spir@ls are very good for the money from what I've read. I wouldn't hesitate a bit to put a Spir@l in my system

BTW: My D-Tek WW came in very good shape, I've never lapped it and my temps are awesome.

Fuzion said:
Spir@ls are very good for the money from what I've read. I wouldn't hesitate a bit to put a Spir@l in my system

BTW: My D-Tek WW came in very good shape, I've never lapped it and my temps are awesome.

Yea you are one of the very few lucky ones that received a good block :p others... have to endure the pain of lapping.

modenaf1 said:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat....asp?EdpNo=576952&Sku=D926-1000 923&CatId=499

screw the maze 4 for 35 dollars.

If this isnt a bad waterblock I think im gonna get it. 19.99

is this a bad waterblock? i really am not interested in the best i can get, just the best for my money.

This deal was posted in the Cyber deals section as the prices are excellent, the shipping is a bit high, but still a good deal

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242253

As far as Spiral blocks go this is a great deal, but since I remove my Waterblock often I'm sticking with my Typhoon since it has a quick release mounting mechanism and takes 5 seconds to remove the block, and 5 seconds to install it Due to using a very ingenious mounting mechanism.

But you can't go wrong with the price of these blocks Tigerdirect is selling, no argueing that fact.

awsome! i think i might get one. I guess these might kinda be like a volcano 9, cheap, relatively good performance, just needs one helluva lapping. I got like a 6 degree drop in temps by lapping my volcano 9. Man, that thing was so rough, im afraid it could have cracked my cpu core! i mean the ridges were visible, and i could use it to file my nails pretty good lol.

anyways, im ready to lap anything :D

man.....................20 bucks...............................:drool:

While this is a good deal for us, the consumers, I spoke to Danny at D-Tek today. I asked him what the deal was with the $20 blocks on Tiger Direct. Basically, he took them on as a reseller and they never paid him! So these blocks that are being sold on Tiger Direct have not and will not be paid for by Tiger Direct, leaving Danny and D-Tek holding the bag. This is why they are so cheap and exactly why I will not or would not buy them from Tiger Direct.

It seems like a great deal, but I'd avoid it simply on the basis of Tiger Direct's especially horrid history. This would be a better choice just for that reason.

ok thanks guys. Man, im not sure if i want to buy from tiger direct if they are doing that. I mean, if they are bad enoug to do soemthing like that, what do you think they would do if i had to RMA it or soemthing?

Thanks guys. BTW, jsut out of curiosity, would i want an aluminum top or a clear top on a waterblock? or does it not matter?

nikhsub1 said:
While this is a good deal for us, the consumers, I spoke to Danny at D-Tek today. I asked him what the deal was with the $20 blocks on Tiger Direct. Basically, he took them on as a reseller and they never paid him! So these blocks that are being sold on Tiger Direct have not and will not be paid for by Tiger Direct, leaving Danny and D-Tek holding the bag. This is why they are so cheap and exactly why I will not or would not buy them from Tiger Direct.

WOW, that sucks big time. If I didn't own the block already, I wouldn't buy the block at that price either for those reasons.

The block does get high marks from me. It's been working great for over a year in 3 different rigs for me, but I'll finally be upgrading it in the next 2 weeks.

BTW, Check out the WARRANTY page. It says those blocks are supported by D-tek for 12 months. That would really suck if they didn't get paid but are forced to support the blocks.

modenaf1 said:

Thanks guys. BTW, jsut out of curiosity, would i want an aluminum top or a clear top on a waterblock? or does it not matter?

I'd go with the metal top. Better safe then sorry. Most clear tops never have problems, but there is the ocassional "crack" story.

iNSiGMA said:
You got some evidence to back up these claims nikhsub1?

He said he spoke to Danny at D-Tek whom I also plan on talking to tomorrow. I also know that nikhsub1 is a man of high moral character and wouldn't post anything unless it was true.

iNSiGMA said:
You got some evidence to back up these claims nikhsub1?
Evidence as in documents or something? No. I spoke to Danny yesterday, this is what he told me. Think about it this way; the D-Tek blocks wholesale for about double what Tiger Direct is selling them for. Does that make good business sense to you? What Tiger is doing is just off loading all the D-Tek items to get rid of it as D-Tek has obviously dropped them as a reseller. I can tell you D-Tek has lost a significant amount of coin over this deal with Tiger Direct.

I just checked the site for the WB in question, and i guess it didnt take long to pull it off the shelves, since it no longer is available.
Maybe because somebody told them to? (D-TEK?)
Be warned about what tigerdirect sells, since my brother has had a really bad experience with them.
He bought an AMD system, which pretty much burned up, and they would'nt give him an RMA or an exchange, so now we're working on building a new one in the old case, tallying up an enormous repair bill, and billing tigerdirect for it.
If they don't like it, we'll go to court, since anyone wouldn't want to lose $2,600.00 on a new computer.

yeah wow.. you guys have done nothing but flamed TigerDirect because they actually compete in an already cut-throat business...

Anyway, I got my block and I'm happy - if DTek has a problem with it then tell them to go talk to my peeps at TigerDirect :)

iNSiGMA said:
yeah wow.. you guys have done nothing but flamed TigerDirect because they actually compete in an already cut-throat business...

Anyway, I got my block and I'm happy - if DTek has a problem with it then tell them to go talk to my peeps at TigerDirect :)
It is certainly your perogative to buy the blocks from Tiger. I hardly think we've flamed them, what they have done to D-Tek is not 'competing' at all as you say. I know how much the blocks cost to be made and I can assure you they cost much more than $20 just to produce. People that feel the way I do just won't buy from Tiger Direct, that is all. I am sorry to 'crap' the thread or derail it or whatever, but, I had to relay this information so the community here can make their own decision regarding the matter.

Back