• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S or not

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bumbi

Registered
I had only heard good things of the NF7-S so i decided to buy one but my friend said that the NF7 has a lot of bugs and errors (he bought an MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR him self). So has any one of you had or heard of any problems with your NF7?

Also the NF7-S has a SATA150 raid controller can it be used with PATA133 hard drives with adapters or something?

Welcome to the forums!

---

msi K7N2 Delta-ILSR(nforce2 i'm assuming) has nothing on the nf7-s 2.0....

i've seen ppl with ~260fsb... i see ppl with ~240 fsb all the time... check out abit forums...

i'm at 225fsb myself, almost 4 hours of prime95, 2 more hours and i'm set

just make sure you have the revision 2...

---

nf7 has 2 sata controlers and 2 ide so you can use your pata hd just fine.... it also comes with a pata2sata converter so you can hook it up to the sata controller if you wanted....

Indeed, Welcome to the Fourms!!

That being said, IMHO the NF7-S is the best choice for an AMD rig. It comes with lots of features, but what I like best about it are the bios settings. You can tweek just about anything, lots of flexability.

I have heard nothing but good things about the NF7-S. In fact, I just ordered one about half hour ago. Im expecting around 2.75ghz out of this 3000+ with my air cooling setup. It has done 2.67ghz but it was limited by fsb on my KX7-333R. The KX7 is now going in my secondary rig with the Palomino 1900+.

the best board is the nf7-s without question. says that the boards are full of bugs is quite rediculous - this is the most stable motherboard i have ever used.

You carnt go rong with the nf7-s nuthing but awesome reviews on them! I just orderd one yesterday!

Hey Carmine do you mind if i ask what you piad for you bord?

Chad

yep....NF7-S revision2 or the ultra 400 which will garentee it's a revision2

Back