• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

max3 + geil 4200 smooth so far

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syz

Registered
Got a new Abit ic7-max3 and dual channel 2x256 pc4200 and been overclocking alot so far, its been great. I have a pentium 2.4ghz C1 at 3.06ghz right now. Air cooling around 42 idle, 50-55 load. It was crashing but i upped the ram voltage from 2.60 to 2.65 and now it runs benchies perfectly (17710 - 3dmark2001se) I plan on going higher with my cpu. I was just wondering how high other people go with the ram voltages and what this ram could handle. I been seeing alot 3.0 -3.1 v with this board to get some really high cpu speed results.

Actually, you only overclocked the CPU. According to your CPU speed (3ghz), your bus is at 250mhz, and I'm assuming you are using a 1:1 divider. That makes your memory run at 250 as well (but since it's DDR, that's 500mhz).
PC4000 is actually 500mhz, so if you have 4200, you should be able to go a little bit farther. (533) Some people on here seem to go up to 290fsb @ 1:1 with PC 4000 memory, I couldn't get past 250 myself.
At any rate, you should at least be able to go up to 266mhz @ 1:1, but try to get as high as you can. I think 290/295mhz seems to be what you want to get to. As far as voltage goes - anything up to 2.8 is stable, however, most people have problems from 2.9 -> 3.1; 3.2 seems fine. The voltages inbetween fluctuate a lot, head over to the Abit forums if you want more information. (or search here)

bump that ddr voltage to 3.2, and max out that board

thats what its ther for dude
ur geil is rated up to 3.1

Well are we going to push this stuff or what? :D I have the same stuff in the form of two 512 stix, on the same mobo. It's not quite ready for the OS yet so I am just curious as to what you are getting with yours...push it!

Back