• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte RMA - WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sammy5gs

Alright... I just need to vent here for a few moments. My kid's rig is running on a Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 mobo (Sis 655 chipset), and has been doing yeoman's work. It typically overclocks to 3.0+ easily (with a 2.4b chip). Just recently, I was getting CHECKSUM errors on POST, and any keyboard/mouse I would attach would not respond. I cleared CMOS by removing battery on that board, and still nothing.

So I call Gigabyte Technical Support, wait on hold for 30 minutes, get someone who I can barely understand, for him to tell me what I already know, and then says I need to go to a specific extension in order to request an RMA. I call that extension (second phone call since the dude hung up on me without transferring), and this rude female asked for my email, and sent me my RMA forms. This was last Thursday, and stated that once I returned them, I would get an RMA# within 24 hours so that I can send back the board. I send the forms back same day, and have not gotten a response yet.

So on Tuesday of this week, I decide to call the RMA # at Gigabyte, and get the same rude female. I told her that I remitted the forms that were emailed to me last week, and asked when I should typically receive an RMA #? She said it takes about "2 days now", and then hangs up? WTF? I know I may be jumping the gun here, but it is now 7 days (5 business days), and nothing. Is this typical of Gigabyte RMA?

I havent got to RMA a Gigabyte yet, but there tech support is nothing Im happy with. I get much better help in here. Plus, its alot faster. They wont even return my emails anymore. I guess they dont like me.

I have to agree

Hate to say this about Gigabyte, but their customer service sucks really badly. I've used their service support twice through email and only got one response and it was useless information. I also had a similar problem but with Maxtor, when I bought a hard-drive with a $30 rebate. Well like most mail-in rebates do, they come back saying it was invalid and I won't be getting the $30 back. I got fed up and wrote a nasty email to every Maxtor contact email except the Rebate department. And this is what they wrote back:

Joey,

Your email was forwarded to me for further assistance. Please allow me to apologize for your experience with us that has been less than satisfactory.
I have researched your rebate record and the rebate processing house entered you for the wrong rebate promotion, which is the reason they were showing the purchase date was incorrect.
I am sending your information over to the rebate house to have them correct this error and honor your rebate.

I sent me complaint to corporate headquarters and everything. I suggest trying the same, higher ups want happy customers. Customer service is always crap because they deal with it everyday. Hope this might help.

wow thats really weird.... gigabyte has returned all my emails, although thier tech support guy was kinda rude and treated me as an idiot, he was very familiar with his info.... i guess im just special :D

and don't ask me to post them all.... there are ALOT.... some guy even did research for me:eek:

Back